Do you have a workout routine or schedule set for yourself? If so, how do you hold yourself accountable and stay consistent?
If you were to ask me this a month ago, I would’ve told you that I had a gym partner who held me accountable. This gym partner also happened to be my neighbor and our gym is in our apartment complex.. so to find an excuse was more work than to just put in the effort to follow through on our gym commitments.
Sadly, my neighbor has since moved, and in the past couple of weeks, I had been struggling to get back into a routine. I was sharing this with one of my coworkers who shared with me how she holds herself accountable and keeps her exercises fun! I found her advice super helpful, so I thought I would share!
Here are the gym routine “hacks”:
- Have a goal to go to the gym every other day
- If you skip a day, then the following day, exercise a little bit longer
- If you’re getting bored with your workouts, switch it up – spend your workout discovering new music by creating new stations or listening to someone else’s curated playlist
- If you find it hard to find motivation to workout during the week, try working out Tuesday and Thursday during the week and then Saturday and Sunday
- Working out doesn’t always mean going to the gym, long walks count!
If you are struggling with keeping consistency, I hope you found this helpful. If you have hacks of your own, PLEASE SHARE!
Thank you for reading!
3 responses to “5 Ways to Stay Consistent with Your Workout Routine”
Good, simple tips. Thanks
I’m glad you think so, thank you!
Sound device for working out at any age.